First-Year Freshman Students
First-year students are those who are entering St. Andrews from high school or who have less than 12 semester college credits. In addition to your application, requirements for admittance are:
Applicants must satisfactorily complete the following 13 units of a high school college prep curriculum:
- 3 units of college prep English
- 1 or more units of a foreign language
- 3 units of Mathematics, including Geometry and Algebra II
- 3 units of Social Studies
- 3 units of Science (or two of the following: Biology, Chemistry or Physics)
- Official high school transcript sent from guidance office
- Official college transcript sent from college, if you have any college credit
- Official scores of the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and/or American College Testing Assessment Program (ACT) should be sent directly to SAPC through appropriate testing report service. SAU Code Numbers: SAT 5214; ACT 3146
- Non-refundable application fee of $35.00
- Upon notification of admission, an enrollment deposit of $250 is required to hold your place in the entering class. Deposits are not refundable after May 1.
Students who have received high school equivalency certification based on the General Education Development (GED) test or Adult High School Diploma (AHSD) may be considered for admission. These students should submit a request for official transcripts from all high schools attended and should also request a copy of the GED certificate or AHSD diploma. SAT or ACT score reports are also required, as well as a teacher or counselor recommendation.